Tweedle

Picture
I have completed the first in my four-part series on the seasons at my home in Chicago. This is Autumn Tree, based on a sketch I made of a color-changing tree in my own back yard last fall.

This work is three feet by three feet, mounted on a stretched canvas. I used scraps of cotton, silk, wool and corduroy fabrics to create textures and colors on a base of wool fabric. I hand-embroidered embellishments to the leaves (and the Tweedle signature) and added buttons in the sky around the tree. The whole thing is bordered by an orange sari silk. I hope you like it!

Comments

Deb Tulppo
02/04/2013 12:47

You are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous work.

Megan McCann
02/04/2013 12:50

Thanks! That is so nice of you to say!

Alice
02/04/2013 12:57

Spectacular work, Megan! Thanks for sharing your genius with us.

Megan McCann
02/04/2013 13:09

Wow! Thank you for such an enthusiastic response!

Amanda Brooks
02/04/2013 13:27

I love this, Megan! It is absolutely wonderful. You continue to amaze and impress!

Pat Pauksta
02/04/2013 14:07

Megan, your spirit is soaring with amazing talent. This is beautiful work!

Author

My name is Megan McCann. I started Tweedle Fiber Studio several years ago to give myself an outlet for all my fiber arts work.
    Whatever I think I can do with a paint brush and canvas, I find I can also do with fabric or yarn or bits of wool. And I love the finished work more, because it is touchable and usable and has texture.
    My style is goofy, it always has been. I love geometric shapes, but always with a twist. I love to combine sharp lines with whimsy, boxy shapes with free-form ideas.

LakeCountyCares

I do volunteer work for a wonderful organization here in Lake County, Illinois, called LakeCountyCares. We connect volunteers with opportunities that fit their needs, skills and interests, as well as run several outreach programs such as food and toiletries drives, work in underserved schools, among others. LCC is a small group doing so much good on a shoestring. If you would like to learn more, or donate, please go to LakecountyCares.org.